(Serves 6 to 8)
¾ kg of chicken thigh or breast fillets cut 1 1/2 cm cubed
2 teaspoons oil
1 packet of continental creamy mushroom chicken sauce
1 medium onion chopped small red capsicum
2 tablespoon garlic (optional)
2 cups sliced mushrooms
¾ cup of water
¼ cup sour cream
1 cup of grated cheese (optional)
2 sheets pampas puff pastry
1 tablespoon of milk
- Preheat camp oven or oven to 180 degrees
- Grease pie plate with spray oil
- Pull out puff pastry to defrost
- Heat oil in frying pan and brown chicken, onion, garlic, capsicum, and mushrooms.
- Combine water and continental creamy mushroom sauce and add to chicken. Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Just before adding it to the pie dish stir in sour cream.
- Cut pastry to fit into your pie plate, and poke holes with a fork into the base
- Add chicken mixture and with a basting brush, brush milk around the top edge of the pie, cover with the other sheet of pastry.
- Using a fork, press around the top edge of the pie so the lid sticks to the base, trim edges with a knife, and poke holes with folk into the lid.
- Brush over top with remaining milk and place into camp oven or oven until golden brown approximately 20 to 30 minutes.
Recipe by: Leanne @ Ozwit